Wow. It doesn’t seem like it’s been over a month since I attended Your Wedding Experience presented by David Tutera in Philadelphia.
I’ve been wanting to share with you, as Your Wedding Experience is more than just a bridal show.
This wedding inspiration show is presented by the one and only David Tutera (American celebrity wedding planner, bridal fashion designer, designer, author and professional speaker).
When asked why he came up with the concept for Your Wedding Experience, he said that he had attended/spoke at other bridal shows in the past, but wanted to offer an experience. He wanted a bridal show that was a “place where [couples] can experience ideas and vendors to help you create your own unique wedding.”
And yes, this show is sooooo much more than picking up brochures from local vendors.
At Your Wedding Experience you can:
- Take Ring Selfies (with Bernie Robbins Jewelers) Where brides-to-be get their rings professionally cleaned, then snap and share the pic on instagram.
- The Rock-It Experience bar and lounge, a blend of musicians, djs, video and more.
- Live wedding band showcase
- Live cake decorating by Desserts by Dana
- Get glammed up at the Beauty Studio
Create your own signature scent at the DIY Fragrance Bar, with Scenterprises Inc. Pick out 2-3 scents, and get to take home a bottle of your unique blend.
Watch and learn from wedding experts at the Tips & Trends Stage.
Topics covered Catering: Choosing the Right Style of Dinner Service for your Reception, 5 Tips for a Memorable Destination Wedding, and (the session I attended) Cake Tips & Trends / How to Pick Your Baker, and more!
- Win great prizes including a private consultation from David Tutera himself!
- And of course the Fashion Show, featuring ‘Project Wedding Dress,’ where Philadelphia University Fashion Design students were challenged “to create the most innovative and wearable bridal look out of unconventional materials,” including paper and invitations by Invitations by Dawn.
Before the show floor opened, wedding professionals had the opportunity to participate in Industry Sessions by David Tutera and Preston Bailey,
and photo ops afterwards.
During the trade show, David himself visited all the vendors and their booths/displays at the trade show, and judged the trade show contest winners including:
Best of Show Sweetheart Table – Let’s Do Linens
Best Booth Sampling – Desserts by Dana
and Best New Products – Bridal Buddy
There are more opportunities this year to attend Your Wedding Experience as upcoming shows will be in Houston on April 17th, Ft. Lauderdale on May 22nd, Atlanta on August 12th, and back in Philadelphia on August 28th.
Whether you’re planning a wedding, helping someone plan one, or a wedding pro, this is definitely the place to be.
Hearts, Joy, Love!