Wedding Planning Tips: Tip #9 -Go-To Person
9. Designate a go-to person for your wedding day
Do you want to have vendors and friends/family members bombarding you or your fiancé with questions on your wedding day?
Of course not.
Make sure you aren’t being pestered by designating a go-to person.
Your professional wedding planner/coordinator will fill this role, as “go-to person” is part of the job description.
But if you don’t have a wedding planner/coordinator make sure you choose someone other than yourself, your groom, your mom, his mom, or a member of your bridal party. Make sure that this person will be available at the rehearsal, ceremony and reception.
This person, who can be a friend or relative, will need to know all of the details of your wedding day, including where everything will go, and when everything will occur (without having to ask you on your wedding day!)
They will take on several responsibilities such as:
- making sure all of your vendors have arrived and are set up correctly
- all corsages and boutonnieres are pinned on
- getting everyone down the aisle at the right moment
- ensuring that all of your vendors are on the same schedule
- the champagne is poured at the proper time
- knowing if the dollar dance or the bouquet toss comes next
- directing guests to their tables if you’ve got assigned seating
Among other things, this person will be a combination go-fer, hostess, delivery person and trouble shooter, and will take care of all the little (and big) behind-the-scenes details so you and your groom will be able to enjoy your wedding day and not have to worry about anything.
Hearts, Joy, Love!
For more wedding planning tips and ideas contact me at email@example.com or at 937-235-2586 or 937-581-3647!