Between the time your partner asks “will you?” to the moment you both say “I do,” so many decisions need to be made.
Before you feel completely overwhelmed by the massive task ahead of you, have a glass of wine and check out our wedding timeline infographic.
ORGANIZATION IS KEY
Your wedding binder is going to be your new best friend. Budgets, timelines, and contact details need to be easy to find at all times.
Always remember your budget. Your day needs to be special but that four-tier cake is not worth selling your first-born child for. Plan with your partner early where you will be spending the big bucks.
To give you an idea of a typical budget break down:
- 48 to 50 percent of total budget to reception
- 8 to 10 percent for flowers
- 8 to 10 percent for attire
- 8 to 10 percent for entertainment/music
- 10 to 12 percent for photo/video
- 2 to 3 percent for invites; 2 to 3 percent for gifts
- 8 percent for a wedding coordinator
Keep an extra 5-10% of your budget tucked away for any extra expenses like reprinting additional invites.
Having these listed for all vendors can help you delegate, ask a bridesmaid or your future hubby to chase up vendors.
DIY jobs may help your budget woes, but make sure you don’t stretch your time too thin. Taking on too much can cause a lot of extra stress and sleepless nights leading up to your big day. Make sure you have a good understanding of just how much these DIY jobs will cost (are they really saving you money?) and how long they will take.
Brides need their beauty sleep.
CHOOSING THE RIGHT VENUE
Before setting out on your quest to find that perfect venue, be prepared with a list of questions, that are as detailed as possible. Many brides get wrapped up in the overall feel of the venue and book, only to find many restrictions will hinder their planning later on.
Remember the big questions like:
- Number of guests: are you restricted to a cocktail party rather then a sit down meal to squeeze all your guests in the door?
- Date availability: this may be a deal breaker if your date is already set
- What exactly is included in the price: catering, linen, decorations, A/V equipment?
- Restrictions: number of children, end time, noise restrictions, public transport, parking?
- Weather options: what wet weather options are available for outdoor ceremonies or is shade adequate enough for hot days?
Research is the key here ladies.
CHOOSING YOUR DATE
Carefully consider having your wedding date shared with a holiday. Extra costs may be involved for both you and your guests, vendors may be harder to book in over the holiday periods. If guests are traveling, consider accommodation and transport availability at this time of year.
Weather will influence the style and mood of the wedding. If you’re planning an outdoor cocktail party in the middle of summer, your bar tab may also be higher than expected.
With branches in the UK, Australia and soon to be in the U.S – Adorn Invitations is the leading supplier of exquisite wedding invitations and stationary for brides looking for exclusive and remarkable designs. Initially established off of the back of a global graphic design studio, Adorn’s design team boasts over 20 years of design and print experience. With a rare combination of incomparable design ability and with the resources to produce and manufacture high quality pieces – Adorn is truly a trailblazer in its field in delivering beautifully crafted wedding stationary.
Phone: +44 20 3286 5588