Ok, I’m no fortune teller, but I love to keep an eye on what’s “in” and what’s “out,” especially for weddings. Based on what I’ve been seeing in recent years, here are my predictions of what’s to come in 2014.
1. Vintage/Retro decor that accents/enhances the theme and venue
2. Hand tied bouquets that incorporate personal items (locket, necklace, rosary, grandma’s hanky)
3. Mini bites (fun hors d’oeuvres, desserts)
4. Colors that are softer, yet muted & sophisticated (Greens: Teal, Sage; Yellows: Pantone Sunflower, Snapdragon; Purples: Iris or Tahiti
5. Neutrals (especially taupe & gray) will still be strong
6. Wedding gowns with sleeves (light – like lace, or off-the-shoulder)
7. Wedding gowns that aren’t white or ivory (think light pink, blush, pale blue)
8. Shorter wedding dresses
9. Bling will still be “in” & we’ll see it on wedding gowns, centerpieces, bouquets and cakes
10. Fun desserts (cake pops, mini cakes, candy buffet tables, donuts)
Hearts, Joy, Love!
If you’re looking for fun ideas, or need help with your wedding plans contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 937-235-2586.