Your wedding day – the one day when all eyes will be on you, and you’ll have more pictures taken of you than any other day. It only makes sense that you’re going to want to look your very best, so of course you’re going to be focused on your wedding beauty regime.
Follow these 5 easy and inexpensive tips – from skin care to hair, and everything in between — to look beautiful on your wedding day, and all the days after so you’ll look like yourself, only better.
1) With so many bridal fashions that are skin baring (strapless, low backs, sheer lace) and body hugging (sheath and mermaid), any bride will be body conscious. So if you want to shed a few pounds, or just tone and firm up, it’s never to early to start a work-out routine.
Get a dvd or a membership at your local gym. Some gyms even offer personal trainers so you can get the right work out for you. The side benefit – not only will you look fantastic on your wedding day, but you’ll be healthier too.
If you are on a routine to lose weight, make sure you stop about 2-4 weeks before your wedding, and just do a work out to maintain. This should occur right around your final dress fitting. That way your gown won’t be too loose.
2) Are you longing to wear your hear in a fabulous up do? You may need to grow out your hair. On the average, hair grows a half inch a month, so depending on your current hair length, you may need to start growing your hair 6 to 12 months before your wedding date.
You can’t really make hair grow faster – but you can make it grow healthier (and appear to grow faster) by eating right. Protein is essential for healthy hair, as is the proper amounts of zinc, iron and Vitamin C.
3) Don’t forget to take care of what’s on the outside. It’s never too early to start a skin care regimen. Use products that are designed specifically for your skin type – from cleansing to moisturizing and toning. If you have any type of chronic skin problem see an esthetician or dermatologist. Professional facials or other skin care treatments will clear your skin right up.
Drink plenty of water. Eight glasses a day is still the recommended amount. This will help keep your skin hydrated and flush out any toxins. Eating a balanced diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables will also help you achieve healthy glowing skin.
Don’t try out any new skin care or make up products in the weeks right before your wedding. It takes skin time to adjust to a new regimen, and sometimes skin can have a reaction to new products.
4) Brighten up that smile! Whether you need to do some serious whitening or just want a little boost there are different methods.
- The one hour, in-office whitening treatment by a dentist
- Bleaching trays and gels from your dentist or purchased over the counter
- Whitening strips sold over the counter
- Whitening toothpastes or mouthwashes
- Homemade mixture of baking soda and peroxide
5) Don’t make any drastic changes. Avoid a radical new hair cut or color. If you don’t regularly wear any makeup, then your wedding day is not the day to go for a dramatic smoky-eye look. You want to look like yourself, after all, only better.
Hearts, Joy, Love!
Want more ideas on wedding beauty, or need some help with your wedding plans? Contact me at email@example.com or at 937-235-2586 or 937-581-3647!