Wondering what we’re going to be seeing this wedding season?
Here are my predictions:
photo credit: sutichak
- Wedding cakes that make a statement through grand size and/or design. Guests will be looking at your cake so make it a focal point that really says “Wow!”
- Beautiful deep, rich blues – Navy, Indigo, Midnight. They’ll be paired with metallics (gold and silver) and neutrals (grey and ivory).
- We’ll also be seeing a lot of neutrals – whites, ivories, champagne, blush. Very elegant and sophisticated.
- Unique processional music – “Canon in D” and “Bridal Chorus” are still popular traditional choices, but brides are choosing more modern song selections like “Ho Hey” by The Lumineers, “A Thousand Years” by Christina Perri, and “All of Me” by John Legend for their walk down the aisle.
- Wedding gowns will have all-over lace. Retro-ish without feeling like it’s from another era, these dresses will be romantic and classic.
- Signature drinks will still be popular. A fun to way easily add some personalization to your wedding reception, and more economical than an open bar with several types mixed drinks.