Q. – I’m not sure that I really want to toss my wedding bouquet at the reception. What else can I do instead? What wedding bouquet toss alternatives do you suggest?
A. – These days, most florists will make a special toss bouquet for you, so you are able to save your bridal bouquet for yourself. However, if you’re still unsure about doing the “traditional” bouquet toss, here are some alternatives.
• Count the number of single ladies who will be attending, and attach that number of ribbons to the special “toss” bouquet. Only one of these ribbons will actually be secured to the bouquet, the others will just be loosely woven into it. At the appointed time, have all the ladies pull a ribbon, and the one with the attached ribbon gets the bouquet.
• Instead of having just one lucky lady catch the bouquet, how about three or four? Have a few little bouquets tied together with a loose bow. It’s important to have the bow very loose so when you toss what appears to be only one bouquet, it will easily separate and more than one lady will get to catch one.
• Have your DJ or bandleader do an Anniversary Dance. Bring all of the married couples onto the dance floor. After about a minute or so, the DJ/bandleader will ask those who have been married 5 years or less to leave the dance floor, then continue in this fashion every 30 seconds or so, in progressive increments – 10 years or less, 15 or less, and so on – until only one couple remains. Present them with the bouquet.
• Is there a special person who lives nearby, but is not able to attend your wedding? Perhaps due to poor health Grandma, a favorite aunt, or special friend of the family just couldn’t come. They’d love a quick visit from you, and will feel even more special when presented with a lovely bouquet.
• Forgo doing something with the bouquet completely. It’s your wedding, and your guests won’t mind.
Hearts, Joy, Love!
Do you have a wedding dilemma or question you need answered? I’d love to help. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 937-235-2586 or 937-581-3647!